Friday, September 4, 2009

a day in the life

I'm always fascinated by reading about the "typical day" of others. So why not draft up my own?

So much of my day depends on how the night before went. Assuming I've slept at least 5 hours, this is what my best days look like:

6 am: Alarm goes off. At least 20 minutes spent hitting snooze.
6:30: Shower, make coffee, awaken slowly and resistantly. Check in on etsy; renew items as needed. Start a blog post or two.
7:00: Hila gets up after working on a couple workbook pages or playing with her laptop. Do some mundane tasks like packing lunches, picking out clothing. Hila picks out my shoes and earrings.
8:00: Leave the house for school and work (which are in the same place - lucky me!)
8:45: At my desk for my day job.
12 or 1: lunch! visit Hila!
5:30: Walk across parking lot to pick up Hila.
6:00: Arrive home. In nice weather, we eat by the pool and have a little swim.
7:00: final wind-down time for Hila - a show, quiet play, or a bath may be in the mix.
7:30: in bed for Hila. I begin my work! Check emails from work, messages from facebook and twitter.
8:00: the witching hour of crafting begins. Even though natural light has waned, this is when I begin new projects. I may do writing, or more likely will be spread out on the floor with beautiful fabric and at my sewing machine pounding away.
10 or 11 or...: Bedtime.

I've always been enamored of those who can follow a ritual-type day. I can't. I have too many factors: insomnia primarily, but add to those varying levels of creativity and drive and a sometimes irregular coparenting schedule and my wake-up time is as early as 5 or bedtime is as late as 2! Sometimes it's a matter of just getting through the day.

Here are a few etsy finds that are worth a look for getting through your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment